Monitoring and Planning Committee
The NRHM proposes a monitoring and planning committee at the village, PHC, block, district and state level. The main functions of the committee are:
- To create public awareness about the essentials of health programmes, with focus on people’s knowledge of entitlements to enable their involvement in the monitoring.
- Conduct Participatory Rapid Assessment to ascertain the major health problems and health related issues
- Discuss and develop a Health Plan based on an assessment of the situation and priorities identified by the community.
- Presentation of the progress made at the village level, achievements, actions taken and difficulties faced followed by discussion on the progress of the achievements of the health facilities.
- Taking cognizance of the reported cases of the denial of health care and ensuring proper redressal.
- Report to the monitoring committee at the next level and collate information collected from the lower level committee.
Flow of Report/Feedback & Necessary Action amongst the Monitoring and Planning Committees is shown below: